Whoever said, "Its not about the destination, but the journey" LIED. My journey home was terrible. Today at mile marker 312 in Oklahoma we got a flat tire. We were driving along happy as can be and then the car started shaking violently, next we heard a huge pop that sounded like half of the car fell off, and then it was over the and the damage was done. My car basically no longer had the back right tire.
The Mother, being the safety freak that she is, demanded that we get out of the car and go stand in the middle of the ditch as far away from traffic as possible in the hot sun.... naturally I wasn't happy with plan but complied. A highway patrol officer came to check on us. He was very nice, once I determined he wasn't a murderer posing as a cop... you never know these days lol. I gave him the once over figured him to be pretty legit... and his name was Doyle... you can't get more cop like than Doyle...
The tow truck came in about 15 minutes which was amazing because Triple A said it would take at least an hour. However when the little old trucker got out of the car and saw me he made me get up from my comfy seat in the grass and say hi to him. He then showed me his arm which had a little black bug on it and informed me that it was a TICK, and that the ditch I was sitting in was infested with the little devils!!!! I started to itch as soon as he told me about it ( actually, I am itching right now thinking about it haha), thankfully I somehow managed not to get any of those little blood sucking creatures on me.
We got all settled in the tow truck and got going. I figured this little old man couldn't be a murderer, for he was too sweet. Just as the thought crossed my mind he randomly pulled off the side of the road and I thought we were done for, he surely was going to kill us. BUT NO, he instead illegally went through a gap in the concrete median to turn around crossing 4 lanes of traffic while saying, " I bet y'all haven't done this before". I seriously about died, I thought a car was going to hit us for sure.
Once we got turned around he continued to explain it was a good thing we were skinny and pretty or else no one would have helped us out here... and he was making eyes at MY momma... no one makes eyes at The Mother but me!!! He also told us he would take us the back way to Walmart to get our tire fixed which made my murderer radar spike.
Thankfully we made it to Walmart in one piece and the little old man was very nice. We were back on the road in 2 hours and I lived ( murderer free) to tell this story.
Once we got turned around he continued to explain it was a good thing we were skinny and pretty or else no one would have helped us out here... and he was making eyes at MY momma... no one makes eyes at The Mother but me!!! He also told us he would take us the back way to Walmart to get our tire fixed which made my murderer radar spike.
Thankfully we made it to Walmart in one piece and the little old man was very nice. We were back on the road in 2 hours and I lived ( murderer free) to tell this story.


No comments:
Post a Comment