You don't know this, but you have taught me one of the hardest lessons in life: Don't hold grudges. In 8th grade during our crazy dramatic times, and one of are many catty fights that people loved to watch and encourage, you said you couldn't be friends with someone who held on so tightly to past grudges. I probably came back with some great witty jr. high response and acted like I didn't care at all about what you said, but well that was a show. I actually cared a lot.
Our years of being best friends for life only lasted until about sophomore year, and to tell you the truth I don't even know what really happened there, but I do know I have carried that lesson you taught me around in my pocket ever since and am still trying perfect it ( sometimes I do better with it than others lol but cut me a little slack at least I try right??). And this little basic story book lesson has come in handy. I probably wouldn't have a relationship with the mother at all if I hadn't learned the hard way to forgive and forget.
So I guess I want to say thanks, for teaching me how to forgive the hard way, and that I have wanted to tell you a long time about the lesson I learned.


No comments:
Post a Comment